There is no question that being on a job interview can be a very nerve wrecking experience and the last thing you want is to be dealing with an upset stomach or any issues related to the food you eat earlier.
In this article, we are going to give you some important details on the kind of foods that you should eat and also the foods you should avoid before you have to do a job interview.
Food is important for many reasons
Maybe you are one of those people who feels like their stomach is going to be upset if they eat any kind of food before they have to do something that makes them nervous.
Even if that is the case, you need to avoid being on an empty stomach before an interview because this is going to affect your performance and your mental sharpness.
Eating something light but nutritious
You could eat something light that makes you feel satisfied such as a bowl of fruit or a small salad with broccoli, spinach and some turkey or lean chicken slices.
You could also have some cereal or paste but you should keep the milk light in case you drink cereal. For pastas, avoid the garlic and don’t eat too much sauce.
What to drink
- A cup of coffee is always a good way to keep you up and ready.
- You can have natural juice or some lemon tea for your lunch, but avoid any alcoholic beverages and also avoid milk or sodas because they can make you gassy.
- The last thing you want is to be holding burps back while you are talking during your interview.
Water is your best friends before an interview, but avoid drinking too much water as this could end up making you want to use the bathroom while you are being interviewed and it is never a good thing to feel pressured or rushed by your biological needs.
Eat at least 2 hours before the interview
- The best thing to do is to eat no less than two hours before you are going to be interviewed.
- This is going to allow you to stay alert and to digest your food way before you go in to talk to the human resources representative.
- If you must eat before the interview, keep it as light as possible and avoid smelly foods that include garlic, onions and other strong foods that have a very strong smell that might not even go away by brushing your teeth.
- Making sure your breath is fresh is important, so you can also chew on some mint flavored gum and dispose of it before you go into the office for your job interview.
Brain boosting foods are always good
Salmon, tuna, spinach, broccoli, eggs, turkey and kale are some of the brainy foods that you can eat before an interview because this is going to help your brain work at full capacity.
You could eat some salmon with spinach on the side and a glass of orange and carrot juice for the perfect combination of wholesome and nutritious food and drink.
Remember that we are what we eat and we are also going to react to food in very different ways depending on the situation.
If going on a job interview makes you feel nervous, the last thing you want is to have to deal with a nervous stomach that is going to ruin your day and make you feel anxious and even more nervous than you expected to feel.